As you may be aware, many of the wells in the Reno / Tahoe area are contaminated with naturally occurring arsenic. You cannot taste arsenic in your water, but you do not want to have life-long exposure to arsenic in water as is common in the Reno / Tahoe basin.
If you are looking for an arsenic treatment system, you’ve come to the right company! We’ve been treating arsenic in Verdi, Reno, Sparks, Spanish Springs, Palomino Valley, Washoe Valley, Carson City, Fernley, Fallon and Yerington since 1993. At TMWS, arsenic reduction is our passion because this Level 1 contaminant is very prevalent in our region, and it is a poison the effects the health of individuals, children and pets.
In 2006, the EPA lowered the acceptable amount of arsenic in drinking water from 50 parts-per-billion (PPB) to 10 PPB (and in New Jersey and South Carolina, those levels were lowered to 5 PPB.)( Canada also as a limit of 5 PPB.) While these limits are
monitored in municipal water sources by government agencies, private wells are unregulated and, too often, untreated.
Many of Northern Nevada’s private wells show the highest arsenic levels in the continental United States – in fact, those levels are comparable to Bangladesh, where arsenic poising remains a constant regional health risk. Over 65% of the private wells we
have tested exceed the general EPA standard of 10 parts per billion (PPB) !!!– Some wells have actually shown arsenic levels in excess of 330 PPB! Recent studies show arsenic levels as high as 3 PPB affect your body’s ability to fight lung,
bladder, kidney, skin and prostate cancer.
As a locally owned and operated company, we are concerned about the health of our community. At TMWS, we offer arsenic testing for private wells. This test is conducted by aprivate-3rd party lab. The results are sent to you, the consumer, and to us – no one else. If you are considering arsenic treatment for your home or, if you are simply wondering about the safety of your drinking water, please contact us today to take this important first step for your health, and peace of mind.
5 Steps for removing. Reducing your arsenic:
1) Arsenic Test- We’ll have your water tested to determine if you even have arsenic is present in your water.
2) Complete water analysis- Before we can recommend a system for your family, we need to know your arsenic level, PH, silica levels, phosphate levels, iron, manganese, hardness, total dissolved solids, sodium,
vanadium & bicarbonate levels
3) Determine if you have arsenic III or V. Arsenic III (arsenate ) would need to be converted to arsenic V-(arsenite ) to greatly increase the life of your arsenic filter. We do this by oxidizing the arsenic with either chlorine or oxygen.
4) Determine if your system needs pre-filtration (iron and manganese must be removed first and ph should b4 around 7.0 to extend the life of your system)
5) Determine if you require a system for your whole house or just for a specific sink which we will test every 6 months to insure it is working properly.
Why do we use Layne RT media? Download Brochure Now
We have tried just about every arsenic filter known to man (in fact , in 2001, we sold and installed over 700 reverse osmosis filters for NAS Fallon to remove arsenic ). We offer the LayneRT because:
1) No backwashing- LayneRT Hydrous Iron Oxide media requires (some arsenic filters need to be recharged with sodium and if forget to add the sodium, your system will either stop working properly or “dump” arsenic back into your water . Your system is always in service and arsenic is not removed back into the environment
2) No dumping – LayneRt adsorbent is a high capacity, long lasting media that does not “dump “ arsenic back into your home and does not release any fines
3) Greater flow dynamics- very little pressure drop
4) ANSI/NSF standard 61 certified
5) Testing , monitoring and free disposal of spent media. Layne Christensen Company stands behind its products.
6) Determine if you require a system for your whole house or just for a specific sink.
7) Determine where to install system
8) Test/monitor system every 6 months to insure it is working properly.
Nanocrystalline, NXT Adsorptive Media
- High capacity for as adsorption provides the lowest adsorptive treatment cost per 1000 gallons
- Rapid kinetics
- Dry Media – ease of use free flowing
- Removes other contaminants including phosphate, chromium, selenium, fluoride, antimony, lead and more
- No chemicals required for regeneration
- Removes both As (III) and As (V) to less that 5 ug/I (ppb) without the need for an odixation step
- Removes As up to 10 pH without the need for chemical pretreatment
- Download Brochure now
- Download Pilot case study Loma Linda
- Download Pilot case study Central California
- Download Adsorptive Sales Sheet